I finished Subatomic Kangaroo World Tour and I’d love to know what you think about it.
I finished this for a game dev competition on the 18th, but I’m just now recovering enough to post about it in a moderately intelligent manner.
I got the name from everyone’s favorite Video Game Name Generator. The game’s kind of a bullet-hell jumping shooter with slow motion and combo-based scoring.
WASD to move, left-click and hold to charge your jumps and start slow mo, right-click to shoot rainbow stars. The music’s by Trash80 and the game itself was made using Unity.
While the game’s complete, I’ve definitely got some todos for the future:
- On screen jump direction/charge indicator.
- Improved in-game training/help (I never say you can walk in-game. Ouch.)
- Add hard edges to the levels so you can’t jump off to the side forever.
- Fix lame scaling issues with the title screen image.
- A more obvious way to quit while in fullscreen. (ctrl+F or cmd+F exits fullscreen, depending on the platform)
If you’ve got any suggestions, comments or bugs, feel free to throw me a line. I hope you enjoy it.